Friday, August 27, 2010

The week in Review

Before I begin the formal review of what we did this week I just wanted to thank the parents for attending Back To school Night. One of the my personal goals and theme that we have as a school communication and parent involvement. I hope to work together with you through out the year to make this a successful year of learning for each of your children.

As I look back on this week I am happy to say that not only did we learn a lot but that as a class we were engaged and participated in the learning. Some of the skills that we worked on this week include;Shorashim, Understanding basic facts, knowing Rashi letters, questioning, sequencing,and critical thinking to name a few. Next week I hope to start learning the Rashi's inside the Chumash and working on the skill of reading Rashi.

We worked on and assessed these skills through; matching games, a creative project, exit cards, and the I have Who has game.
All of this was just in Chumash. We also did a Web to see what we already know about the Shofar and Boy! did they know a lot already. We also leaned the meaning of the word Teruah and why we blow the different sounds. We even integrated some math into our lesson about the Shofar.

Today we discussed the Parsha and how from the mitzvah of Bikurim we learn that we need to be careful about ones feelings and shouldn't embarrass anyone. Every student was also given a Dvar Torah.

I would also encourage you to look at the Judaic Studies blog at mhalowerschooljudaics.blogspot.com to learn about a special activity that I did with the fourth and fifth graders today.

UP COMING EVENTS
Sunday ASBEE BBQ
Monday School Mitzvah Raffle
Pre Rosh Hashanah Oneg Next Shabbos at my home from 5:45-6:30 ( More details to follow )


Have a Great Shabbos

Rabbi Greenblatt

No comments:

Post a Comment