Monday, February 14, 2011

Jeopardy and a RAFT

Last week was a bit crazy in the fifth grade. On Monday and Tuesday I attended the North American Day School Day School conference. The conference was great! I learned and shared a lot with other educators from across the country.
On Wednesday I wanted to check and see what they learned with Rabbi Wittlin so I divided the class into two groups and each group got two topics and they had to make up a Jeopardy game based on their topic. The plan was to play the games they worked on in class on Thursday. However Thursday was a snow day so we reviewed and played the games on Friday.
Today we did a RAFT activity. RAFT stands for Role, Audience, Format, and Topic. The most popular one was making up a slogan that Avimelech would have used to convince the people of Shechem to appoint him as the ruler.
Some of the posters were very convincing.
I hope you all have a great week!
Rabbi Greenblatt

No comments:

Post a Comment